Most of us over 50s have decided to ride our current jobs to the end. But what happens if you receive the unexpected pink slip?
- Do you have an idea of what jobs are out there available to you after 50?
- Do you want more flexibility and control?
- Would it be just OK with you to skip the commute?
These are all valid questions that face the over 50-year-old crowd trying to re-enter the job market. One solution is to work from home online. There are many work-at-home and remote jobs to be had in today’s work market.
Many companies are opting for remote workers to do the jobs that in the past were only done at the business facility. If you have experience in one of these jobs from your prior experience, you could be in luck.
Businesses are seeing the lower costs of having contract and remote workers. Contract workers take care of their own taxes, while remote workers are still on the company payroll.
1. One of the best and most freedom-friendly positions is the affiliate marketer. You have the option to work anywhere, set your own hours, sell your own niche, and do it all on your own timetable.
You have the advantage of not having to dress a particular way. You utilize social networks to grow your business as well as standard avenues like email, ads, etc.
2. The next option is becoming a writer of one sort or another. There are literally so many kinds of writers that you might have a hard time deciding which niche to choose. Writing content for online businesses is a top 10 idea for the over 50 crowd.
3. This might be included in the one above but takes a certain expertise – grant writing. Many depend on grant writing to keep programs going and funded. It is a career that definitely is helping the client with very important funding requirements.
4. If you love to educate others, then becoming an online tutor might just be for you. There are many places in many countries looking for someone to help teach English as a second language.
They offer software to maintain the connection with the students and the students are usually grateful for your help.
5. Become an SEO specialist. SEO means search engine optimization. There are literally thousands of businesses that need help with SEO for their sites. Becoming an expert in this field is not only a “today’s kind of job,” but the money is good as well.
6. You can become a technical writer. Ever wonder who wrote the manual on your DVR? Technical writers take the very complicated material and put it into plain English for the general public. This can be a very satisfying position if you have expertise in certain technical fields or can learn those fields.
7. Get a remote customer service job. There are many companies looking for in- and outbound customer service reps that can work from home utilizing their software and creating great relationships between the customer and business. If you have worked in any kind of customer service position, you have worked here.
8. Be an email manager. Some companies use outside talent to take care of their email management. This includes creating, sending, and forwarding to appropriate individuals, answering customer questions, managing their lists, and making sales if necessary.
9. Personal Assistant is another job that has gone remote. There are many individuals that need assistance with scheduling, meeting management, answering calls, and much more. There is always a need for this type of position.
10. Finally, one of the top choices for at-home work and online employment is becoming a shipping and logistics specialist. There are many companies out there needing to outsource their company’s shipping. There are some really good places out there for more information on this fairly new niche. They have programs that help you make it happen and pay is pretty good for this one.